Red Zone League Articles

Getting off to a slow start
By Erick Edwards
Special to rzl-football.com

Just like teams can get off to a fast start, there are teams that are slow getting out of the gate.

Through the RZL Seasons, from 2006 to 2019, 116 Teams has gotten off to a slow start of 0-2. That averages out to about 8 teams per season.

Out of those 116 teams that started out 0-2, 99 of those teams did not make playoffs. So that means if you start out 0-2 in RZL, you have a 85% chance of not making the playoffs that season. Out of those 116 teams that started 0-2, 17 of those teams overcame adversity and made the playoffs which means you have a 15% chance of making the playoffs starting out 0-2.

Even though teams have a 85% chance to not make the playoffs, there is always that small chance of 15% that a team could overcome adversity and make the playoffs.

Below is the list of all the 49 teams that started out 0-2 and made the playoffs.

Teams 0-2 and made the playoffs the same year:
2007 Philadelphia Eagles
2009 Carolina Panthers
2009 New Orleans Saints
2010 Buffalo Bills
2011 San Diego Chargers
2012 Detroit Lions
2013 Chicago Bears (Started 0-3)
2014 Buffalo Bills
2014 New Orleans Saints
2015 New York Giants
2015 Carolina Panthers
2016 Jacksonville Jaguars
2016 New Orleans Saints
2017 Kansas City Chiefs
2018 Pittsburgh Steelers
2018 Dallas Cowboys
2019 Kansas City Chiefs

No team in RZL history that has went 0-2 and made the playoffs has never won the Super Bowl that same year.

No team in RZL history, other than the 2009 Carolina Panthers, that has went 0-2 and made the playoffs has never made the conference championship game that same year.

Knowing what you know now, who will make the playoffs this year? Also what does it say about the GMs that started 0-2 and made the playoffs?
Discuss this Article in our Forums Replies - 4 :: Views - 81

Red Zone League Articles

Powered by League Pulse.League Pulse was written by Brad Mallett (btmlltt). Design by Odawg. Copyright © 2007.